Well if you are like me it is the time to get things ready so we have been working on the hauler. .
Had a bad exhaust leak last year so we figured to repair it before this season gets under way. Well you know how a simple job turns into a major headache. We got one going on now. In order to get access to the exhaust manifold bolts we had to unbolt the cab of the truck and jack it up a foot or so which made it necessary to remove the radiator, a/c lines, battery cables, and hood just to list a few things. Now as would be expected the bolts wont come out so a bigger breaker bar just breaks the studs and of course no way to get to them with the manifold in place so out comes the plasma cutter to obliterate the manifold into many pieces. Yes we have one on order! Now come the impossible task of removing the the broken studs. six out of ten are broken so we have been using our tried and proven technique of welding a nut onto the broken stud and applying a lot of heat . The result is that we now after several days of trying got two of the broken studs out and about fifty attempts at the other four and no luck. Just love the engineering that goes into modern trucks. No concern for ever having to wok on them in their design criteria. Might have to replace the entire head just to fix a simple exhaust gasket leak!!! I Hope your season preparation is going a little better. Haven't even got the race cars out of storage to check them over, that will be next. Anyone got an idea on how to get these broken studs out . No room to even get a drill in to drill them out . Well hoping you are doing better in your prep. drop me a note on how it is going. Thanks Jim